Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Speaking of Bummer....


He wrote a bunch of other stuff over the last few weeks too...start at the bottom and scroll up

----
Dear J,

It's very nice to hear from you, as your remarks are uplifting and encouraging. Everyone concerned has felt disappointment over what happened in the parole hearing, and this is certainly understandable, but really, it is only a bump in the road. Defeat is in the mind. I will never buy off on the judgment of someone like the commissioner on the parole board who believes, wrongly, that he has the power too impose defeat on someone who appears before him. How absurd!

I will never give up, Joan. And in fact I've decided to file for clemency to the governor. Only because standing my ground is the right thing to do. Whatever the outcome, standing my ground is a duty I have to a higher power.

Meanwhile, my book is coming along. I got past the "mental block" I was struggling with, and the words are now flowing well. It may be catharsis on a grand scale. We'll see.

Please stay in touch.

Bobby
----- Original Message -----
From:
To: bobby@beausoleil.net
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: my letter to the parole board's head honch

Dear Bobby and Barbara, I apologize for taking so long to write.

I am very disappointed in the outcome of the so called hearing. We know how corrupt and narrow minded many people can be. I again am very impressed with your attitude and outlook.

I do agree with Barbara in that I don't think you will have a fair shot at these hearings unless people do hear the truth from you. People will only go by what they have heard and read in the media and as you know better than I, it is very one sided and its only goal is to sell regardless of the truth.

I will still hold on to the hope that you will be set free and be reunited with your wife and loved ones outside of prison.

I am grateful for your correspondence and in many ways you will never know how much you have helped me. Anytime I get depressed about my life I think of you and gives me a reality check. I can honestly say I've had a hard life compared to most of the people I come into contact with but I know very well many have it so much worse than I could ever imagine. This makes me feel ashamed at times for feeling alot of the things I feel but I am human and my imperfections are many.

I really appreciated the letter you wrote and I hope we can stay in touch as I do enjoy it find it inspirational.

I wish you and your loved ones all the best. Please take care of yourself. Very Sincerely, Joan

No comments: